Wednesday 18 November 2009

An email to the House of Lords

Contact: 17th November 2009

http://www.parliament.uk/site_information/contact_us.cfm

Hi.

I recently became a Lord and was wondering whether there is any obligatory tasks I now need to adhere to?

I was also hoping to take up a seat in the House of Lords but, as I understand, it isn't as simple as just turning up and mucking in. Could you tell me the process I need to undertake in which to secure myself a seat in the House (it needn't be permanent, however it would be nice to make my presence felt once or twice)as I would like to have some involvement.

Please get back to me on this as soon as you can.

Thanks and regards,

Lord Christopher Ward

1 comment:

  1. Lordy, lordy how the other half live! My passport needs replacing and I am seriously tempted.Have you thought of twinning your land with a Hawaiian surf town (under the Lord Ward Accord?) Looking forward to seeing the HoL's reply to your email. I can see you taking your seat in the Lords, surfboard in hand. Reminds me of Peter Sellers playing Chance the gardener in Being There. He is taken for the presidential adviser when he makes vedic comments like "there will be growth in the spring." You could be there with your surfboard "when the tide goes out, it will surely next come in." Great stuff m'lud !

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
For those of you who are new to knowing me, I am Lord Christopher Ward. Second in line to the internet throne, third in line at the post office on a Wednesday morning. Currently a student studying Professional Writing in Falmouth, Cornwall, I envisage a world where I can surf, write, and use my title to get me free stuff. Just don't ask me how I got here; my memory is warped from time to time.